Simple Meatless Lasagna.
You can cook Simple Meatless Lasagna using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Meatless Lasagna
- Prepare 12 of oven ready lasagna noodles – no need to boil.
- It’s 1 (32 oz) of container ricotta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt – divided.
- Prepare 1 (45 oz) of jar spaghetti sauce (your favorite variety).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 cups of Italian blend shredded cheese – divided.
Simple Meatless Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl mix together ricotta, parmesan, eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup shredded cheese until well combined..
- Pour 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce into a 9×13 inch cake pan or casserole dish, swirl to coat bottom. Add water and 1/2 tsp salt to remaining sauce in jar. Secure lid and shake to combine..
- Arrange 4 lasagna noodles side by side in a single layer running lengthwise in center of pan. Spread half of the ricotta mixture evenly over the noodles. Pour 1/3 of sauce mixture over ricotta..
- Repeat layers: 4 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 1/3 of sauce in jar. Top with one last layer of noodles, last 1/3 of sauce, then shredded cheese evenly over the top..
- Cover with foil, being sure not to touch the cheese. Bake 1 hr. Remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- Note 1: If you want to lightly brown your cheese remove foil for last 10-15 minutes of cooking. My husband doesn't like it this way so we leave it covered the entire time. Lol.
- Note 2: Ensure the lasagna noodles you purchase say "oven ready" or "no boil" on them or else you will have to boil before assembling the lasagna..