Mom's chicken salad. It was the brainchild of the founder of The timeless classic chicken salad recipe was a staple from that decade and the Ladies Who Lunched. Savory chicken salad gets a sweet kick from a generous dose of pickle relish in this Southern recipe, which comes from assistant digital editor Laura Sant's mom. Be the first to review this recipe.
Indonesian Chicken Salad: This salad packs a wallop of flavor, with an easy Asian spicy peanut dressing, tender chicken and crunchy veggies. This is the way my mom always made chicken salad. It's a little different than most other chicken salads I've tried and it's by far my favorite. You can have Mom's chicken salad using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's chicken salad
- Prepare of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s of chopped bread and butter pickles.
- You need of chopped small onion.
- You need of chopped celery ribs.
- You need of kraft mayo.
- It’s of miracle whip.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Light and delicious, this easy chicken salad recipe is one of my favorite ways to keep lunch simple. It's sweet with a bit of tang, and the apples and nuts give it just the right amount of crunch. While there, I helped my mom whip up some chicken salad for lunch. We used canned chicken because it was quick and convenient.
Mom's chicken salad step by step
- Boil the chicken until done.. cool completely and clean all fat etc off.. chop and shred.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill..
- If it soaks up the mayo alot.. which breasts tend to do. Add more mayo and miracle whip.. I like mine a bit dry…
- This recipe makes a good bit.. great for celebrations and parties…
- I serve with fresh crusty rolls or bread. it is also great with a variety of crackers..
- Side note.. if the breasts are small use 8 instead of 6.. fyi. I used 8 and an entire jar of mayo and 2 cups of miracle whip…
A vacation is suppose to be a vacation, we didn't want to spend. Learn how to make chicken salad three different ways. Enjoy a Classic Chicken Salad, Italian Chicken Salad and Buffalo Chicken Salad. ✳︎Sign up to my FREE. How to Make Mom's Chicken Chicken Salad. Use leftover Thanksgiving turkey instead of chicken.