Mom's chicken salad. It was the brainchild of the founder of The timeless classic chicken salad recipe was a staple from that decade and the Ladies Who Lunched. Savory chicken salad gets a sweet kick from a generous dose of pickle relish in this Southern recipe, which comes from assistant digital editor Laura Sant's mom. Be the first to review this recipe.
This is the way my mom always made chicken salad. It's a little different than most other chicken salads I've tried and it's by far my favorite. Indonesian Chicken Salad: This salad packs a wallop of flavor, with an easy Asian spicy peanut dressing, tender chicken and crunchy veggies. You can cook Mom's chicken salad using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's chicken salad
- Prepare of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s of chopped bread and butter pickles.
- It’s of chopped small onion.
- You need of chopped celery ribs.
- It’s of kraft mayo.
- Prepare of miracle whip.
- You need of salt and pepper.
While there, I helped my mom whip up some chicken salad for lunch. We used canned chicken because it was quick and convenient. A vacation is suppose to be a vacation, we didn't want to spend. Learn how to make chicken salad three different ways.
Mom's chicken salad step by step
- Boil the chicken until done.. cool completely and clean all fat etc off.. chop and shred.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill..
- If it soaks up the mayo alot.. which breasts tend to do. Add more mayo and miracle whip.. I like mine a bit dry…
- This recipe makes a good bit.. great for celebrations and parties…
- I serve with fresh crusty rolls or bread. it is also great with a variety of crackers..
- Side note.. if the breasts are small use 8 instead of 6.. fyi. I used 8 and an entire jar of mayo and 2 cups of miracle whip…
Enjoy a Classic Chicken Salad, Italian Chicken Salad and Buffalo Chicken Salad. ✳︎Sign up to my FREE. Light and delicious, this easy chicken salad recipe is one of my favorite ways to keep lunch simple. It's sweet with a bit of tang, and the apples and nuts give it just the right amount of crunch. How to Make Mom's Chicken Chicken Salad. Use leftover Thanksgiving turkey instead of chicken.