Simple Eggplant Parmigiana.
You can cook Simple Eggplant Parmigiana using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Eggplant Parmigiana
- Prepare 1 of eggplant, sliced.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 300 g of tin of crushed tomato with basil.
- You need of Parmesan and cheddar grated and mixed together.
- It’s of Dried oregano.
Simple Eggplant Parmigiana step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C degrees fan forced. Slice the eggplant in 0.5 cm thick slices, heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the slices both sides to slightly browned, transferring onto a paper towel to catch excess oil..
- In a oven proof dish, spread a bit of the tomato sauce at the bottom and top with a layer off the fried eggplant top with more sauce, sprinkle a bit of dried oregano and top with a layer of cheese. Repeat the process until the eggplant is finished, layer it like lasagna. Season each layer with salt & pepper..
- Transfer the dish to the oven and bake for 30 – 35 min until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve as a side. Enjoy. 😋.