Fajita Lime Chicken Salad. Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken is juicy on the inside, golden and crisp on the outside, and cooked in the best sauce! This fajita salad recipe is gluten free and can be healthy with chicken breast or if you want more flavor, cook this fajitas recipe with chicken thigh or leg meat. The cumin lime dressing is wonderfully refreshing and compliments the fajita salad perfectly.
This healthy, filling and tasty salad is must try, and will keep you coming back for more! If you're trying to eat healthy or lose weight this year then you need this delicious fajita chicken salad. Remove from heat and slice the chicken into strips. You can cook Fajita Lime Chicken Salad using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fajita Lime Chicken Salad
- It’s of Salad.
- Prepare 1 of Newman's own light lime dressing (sub any lime dressing, but this one is really good).
- Prepare 1 of celery heart (smallest, light green/yellow middle of a celery), sliced do not remove leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro leaves.
- It’s 1 bunch of red leaf lettuce, cut or torn into bite size salad bits.
- You need 1 bunch of green leaf lettuce, cut or torn into bite size salad bits.
- Prepare of Fajita topping.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 large of yellow sweet onion, cut into strips.
- You need 1 of anaheim or poblano pepper, cut into strips..
- You need 3 of assorted bell peppers (red, green and yellow for example), cut into strips.
- Prepare of Chicken marinade.
- It’s 1 of Serrano or Jalapeno pepper, minced.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts, cut into thin strips.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, chili, and salt, stirring until evenly mixed. Potatoes and chicken breast meat flavored with warm and lively seasonings are the fixings for some seriously tasty fajitas! Complete the dish with your favorite toppings, and serve with beans and rice. Look no further than your grill for healthy and easy chicken fajitas—throw them over romaine hearts for added crunch.
Fajita Lime Chicken Salad step by step
- Combine everything in Chicken Marinade section in a plastics zip lock bag or bowl and mix thoroughly. Add more oil if needed. Let sit for at least an hour, the longer it sits the more seasonings the chicken will absorb..
- Combine everything in the Salad section in a large bowl and toss so it is thoroughly mixed together..
- Cut up peppers and onions, set aside..
- Put a small amount of oil in a skillet and warm to medium high. Add chicken letting as much seasoning and oil get into the skillet as possible. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside..
- Add onions to skillet and cook until clear and caramelized..
- Add peppers to skillet and cook until soft. Turn the skillet let heat to high and mix chicken in with peppers. Stir every few seconds to blacken bits and pieces of the mixture..
- When little blacked bits of meat and veggies are visible over about 30% of the mixture remove from heat and place over the bed of lettuce..
- Add lime salad dressing to taste. Optional, add avocado or guacamole..
Fast and easy fajita salad loaded with crispy sweet potato fries, grilled chicken, and topped with creamy avocado dressing! My brain has been on this for his salad all week!! Actually, it's been more than one week, but who cares about that?? SayfalarDiğerMarkaMutfak/Yemek PişirmeCafe DelitesVideolarChili Lime Chicken Fajita Salad. Chili powder and lime juice put the fajita in this quick and easy chicken salad for four.