Lasagna roll ups. Lasagna Roll Ups – Lasagna in a single serving form, no more messy sloppy layered squares! Lasagna Roll-Ups from Delish.com sneak in some extra veggies for your next dinner. Classic lasagna, as much as we adore it, can be extremely time-consuming.
I wanted them to stay for dinner, but I needed to fix something in Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Rolling lasagna noodles around a filling of spinach and cheese makes a tasty pasta dish. Lasagna Roll Ups, a delicious spinach and cheese roll up, topped with quick meat sauce and mozzarella! You can cook Lasagna roll ups using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lasagna roll ups
- Prepare 8 of cooked lasagna noodles – cooked 2 minutes less than cooking instructions.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground chicken, or meat of choice.
- It’s 1 tsp of italian seasoning, parsley.
- It’s 1 of jar (750 ml or 3 cups) favorite homemade or store bought red pasta sauce.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 3 cup of kale or spinach.
- You need 1 cup of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder, onion powder.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper as needed.
This easy dish cooks up fast for a quick & easy meal! Cheesy and delicious lasagna roll ups are a fun alternative to layered lasagna, totally versatile and easy to prepare—the perfect little pasta packages, hot, fresh, and super cozy! Incredibly delicious Lasagna Roll-Ups that are totally delicious and a true comforting dish presented in a fun new way. Take the guesswork out of portion control.
Lasagna roll ups step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook noodles 2 minutes less then cooking instructions. (About 6-8 mins). Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process and lay flat on counter.
- While the noodles are boiling, brown the ground chicken until cooked and then add the diced onion italian seasoning and parsley. Cook until the onion is very soft. Taste mixture and add salt/pepper as needed. Add 1/4 cup of the pasta sauce to help bind the meat together. Once cooked set aside to cool slightly.
- Finely chop the kale or spanich and toss in a frying pan and cook until it shrinks in size (should end up being about a cup once cooked) allow to cool.
- Mix together the ricotta, parmesan, onion and garlic powder, and cooled kale. Taste to see if more seasoning is needed before you add the egg. Add egg and mix together..
- Apply 2-3 tablespoons of ricotta mixture on top of the noodle, leaving 1/2 inch gap at the end, then apply 2-3 tablespoons of meat mixture. Loosely roll up noodle towards the end gap. And place seems side down. Repeat steps.
- Apply 1/2 cup of sauce to the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, then place rolls seam side down on the sauce. Spoon over remaining sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 mins. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 15 more mins or until the cheese is melted.
I filled my Lasagna Roll Ups with spinach and cheese but you could also do mushrooms, pesto, or any meat. You really can make this one your own. Combine the roll ups with a classic salad and some. These rolled lasagna packages are filed with the same ooey-gooey flavor as the traditional baked dish, but they're much more fun to serve. Avoid mushy pasta that unrolls before.