Chicken Chorizo Lasagna.
You can cook Chicken Chorizo Lasagna using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Chorizo Lasagna
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped jalapeno peppers (if you like heat keep the seeds).
- It’s 1 of cooked rotisserie chicken (2 1/2 lbs) shredded.
- It’s 1 packages of (15 oz) chorizo * I used one 10oz beef chorizo.
- You need 2 each of eggs lightly beaten *next time I will only use one.
- It’s 1 each of (15 oz) ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 4 can of 10 oz each enchilada sauce * I used only 3 cans of mild enchilada sauce and it was still soupy..
- Prepare 12 of no cook lasagna noodles ( I only used 9).
- Prepare 4 cup of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese * I eye balled it..
- It’s 1/2 cup of minced cilantro (for presentation).
Chicken Chorizo Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the chorizo and jalapenos until chorizo is done. Drain. Add chicken..
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta and egg. ( I seasoned this with salt and pepper.).
- Take a greased 13 x 9 in baking dish and spread 1 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom. Place your noodles on top. Then 1/3 of your ricotta mixture. And 1/2 of the chicken mixture. Then the shredded cheese. And finally enchilada sauce. (I did not use a whole can here). Repeat layers..
- Top with remaining noodles, ricotta mixture, enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese..
- Baked covered for 45 – 50 minutes. Then bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Cilantro and let it stand for 15 minutes before serving. ( I did not do the Cilantro here because I made pico de gallo)..
- * The original recipe also added a recipe for avacado cream sauce which includes 2 medium avacados (peeled, pitted and halved), 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/4 tsp salt all blended together until smooth. ( I did not make this but had sour cream, Guacamole, and pico de gallo. The lasagna needs a touch of freshness to give it a lift.).