Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs Place chicken drumsticks in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Jollof Rice is a popular West African casserole of chicken, rice and vegetables in a mild tomato curry sauce. Full of interesting flavors yet mild enough to It's that comforting one-pot chicken and rice dish many of us know and love, the kind of dish that is cooked in kitchens across the globe, each slightly.
Nigerian Jollof Rice or Jellof rice is a rich and incredibly tasty west African one-pot Meal. Jollof rice is one of the most common West African dishes eaten in the regions of Nigeria, Ghana Chicken fried rice – So easy and delicious! Hearty mushroom rice – Not your average mushroom Rice.. You can have Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken
- Prepare 1 kg of rice.
- Prepare 8 of medium size fresh tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of quarter of dried pepper.
- Prepare 4 of fresh red pepper.
- Prepare 4 of fresh green pepper.
- It’s 1 pack of green peas.
- It’s 2 of large balls of onion.
- Prepare 2 of medium size spring onion.
- Prepare 4 cubes of Maggi seasoning.
- You need of All purpose seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Thyme.
- It’s of Curry powder.
- Prepare of I full chicken.
- It’s of Kpomo(cow skin).
- Prepare of For salad.
- It’s of Cabbage.
- You need 2 sticks of carrot.
- Prepare of Medium size cucumber (optional).
- Prepare of Salad cream.
Add the tomatoes, red bell pepper, quartered onion, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth. Nigerian Jollof Rice – a vibrant and very spicy rice dish, which will become a family favorite in no I quote: "Palm oil is used in a variety of Nigerian dishes like vegetable stew, fried pepper sauce (this The Nigerian jollof rice is often served as a side dish for meats or fish. Chicken (whole chicken, drumsticks or chicken breast). Parboil the rice using the method detailed in parboiling rice for cooking jollof rice.
Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken step by step
- First I cut or dice my red and green pepper my onion I also dice my kpomo then I blend my fresh tomatoes some of my fresh red pepper and onion.
- Then i cut and neatly wash my chicken and my diced kpomo then add my seasonings, onions and add some water then leave it on the burner until the chicken is well cooked and soft.
- I then pre boil my rice and wash, set aside and fry my chicken in sunflower oil(medium heat) so when everything is ready I fry my tomato purée then add my stock water and some more seasoning and salt when this is ready I add my pre boiled rice and allow to cook for maybe 20-30 mins depending on your cooker.
- When the water starts drying up I add my peas some of my green and red pepper and that's it so when the water is all dried up I stir with a wooden spoon and yes my jollof rice is ready.
- Over to kpomo I add a little bit of oil in a frying pan add some chopped onion and my roughly blended pepper and fry I then pour in my already cooked kpomo, curry,seasoning cube and salt then stir fry for about 2/3 mins and my pepper kpomo is ready.
- For my salad I wash my cabbage,carrot and cucumber then grate my cabbage and carrot put in a clean plate add my salad cream an that is it 😊.
Serve with Peppered Fish , Fried Plantains , Nigerian Moi Moi , Nigerian Salad or Coleslaw. Nigerian Jollof Rice can be served with , grilled/fried chicken, beef, fish, Moi moi, Veggie&prawn stir fry, fried plantains, Nigerian Salad and also topped up with stew (Obe ata dindin or Nigerian beef stew and Chicken stew). Below is a video showing you how to cook the perfect Party Jollof Rice…Enjoy! The rice is cooked in a flavorful tomato and pepper purée; his version is vegan, and laced with chile heat. Serve with jollof rice and fried plantains.