Easy chicken and biscuit casserole. This tasty chicken and biscuit casserole is an excellent dish for an everyday family supper. Refrigerated biscuits make it quick and easy to prepare, but it can be topped with homemade biscuits as well. If you aren't a fan of mushrooms, you can omit them or replace them with diced cooked.
Whether you call it a hot dish, a bake or a casserole, we can all agree that these dependable and do-able recipes are comfort food at its very best. It is one of my quick and easy favorites. This is my first submitted recipe. be kind. You can have Easy chicken and biscuit casserole using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy chicken and biscuit casserole
- You need of cooking spray.
- It’s of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare of cubed cooked chicken breast ( I used 5 breasts we like lots of meat).
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of mixed frozen vegetables-any you like ( I usually use fresh broccolli, corn, carrots, green beans which I add with chicken last 10 mins so vegs can soak up the seasoning).
- You need of chicken boullion or 1 cubes.
- It’s of which is 12 refrigerated biscuit dough( I usually use Pillsbury buttermilk or any unsweetened biscuit.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of 1 can-condensed mushroom soup.
- It’s of 1 can-condensed cream chicken soup.
Today I have the best Chicken and Biscuit Casserole made from scratch to share with you. I also have instructions for how to make it with chicken or left-over turkey. There are tons of veggies, including carrots, peas and fresh herbs, and it's topped with easy whole-grain buttermilk drop biscuits. This ultra-homey casserole gets the bulk of its substance from tender pieces of shredded chicken breast.
Easy chicken and biscuit casserole step by step
- Season your chicken with seasoning of your choice- I use poultry seasoning when chicken in raw. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil into a skillet, add chicken, cook for 15 mins covered on med-low heat. Add chopped onion & boullion, cook for 3 mins. Add vegetables for last 10 mins of cooking. If using frozen vegs add at last 5 mins of cooking just to warm up. Preheat oven at 400°f.
- Remove chicken breast & cubed. All this point if your using fresh vegs they should be done also..
- Spray a 13×9 pan with cooking spray. Pour soups, milk, thyme & pepper & mix well. Add vegs mix well. Add chicken mix well. Place in oven for 15 mins at 400°f . Take out and mix well..
- Cut biscuits into quarter pieces. And cover chicken mixture with biscuits. Then place back into oven for 15 more mins or until biscuits are golden brown..
Rather than peeling and chopping fresh veggies, your prep time returns far more value in mixing up the biscuit dough, shredding the chicken, and mincing those vibrant fresh herbs to finish. This Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is topped with Crusty Homemade Biscuits and made in the BEST homemade Gravy! It's a super easy comfort food This is like chicken pot pie in casserole form using biscuit dough. Biscuits fluff up in a delicious creamy vegetable sauce creating a melt-in-your-mouth. Just like a chicken pot pie but in a casserole form, this Chicken and Biscuit Casserole is delish!