Lemongrass chicken with mihoe and spinach & cucumber salad. For a simple yet effective low calorie dinner, try our lemongrass chicken and spinach recipe. The added spices will add some fire to you belly! This Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken recipe is made with the best citrusy lemongrass marinade, and can be grilled, baked or sautéed.
Low in fat, lots of fresh salads brought to life with bright zingy flavours. The Nuoc Cham sauce has so much flavour, you can scoff down loads of the salad and go light on the chicken and. Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken is not only marinated with lemongrass but red curry paste, Asian sweet chili sauce, garlic, ginger, basil, soy sauce and fish sauce for a tantalizing complex, can't-stop-eating chicken! You can have Lemongrass chicken with mihoe and spinach & cucumber salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemongrass chicken with mihoe and spinach & cucumber salad
- You need of Chickenbreast (cut into long strips).
- Prepare of Mihoen (Chinese).
- You need of of fresh spinach (200 grams).
- You need of Cucumber.
- It’s of of lemongrass.
- It’s of sweet chilli sauce.
- You need of Japanese soya sauce.
- It’s of Limes (juice).
- You need of of sun flower oil.
- Prepare of of garlic.
Add the coconut milk and simmer, stirring, until. Mix canola oil, lemongrass, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and fish sauce together in a mixing bowl until the sugar is dissolved; add chicken and turn to coat in the marinade. Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the. Our piece aboutJamie Oliver's chicken in milk got me thinking about other possibilities So I decided to try the sweet and pungent flavors of coconut milk, lemongrass, and star Put the pot with the sauce back on the stovetop over medium heat, add the spinach and.
Lemongrass chicken with mihoe and spinach & cucumber salad step by step
- Break the mihoen in half and cook in a pan with boiling water and season with salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes. Once cooked, drain the mihoen and wash it with cold water. Put it to the side and let it drain well..
- Heat up the oil in a pan and cook the chicken strips for 5-8 minutes, untill brown and cooked. To add taste, add a pinch of salt and pepper and 6 tablespoons of lemongrass..
- For the dressing beat in a bowl, the remaining lemongrass, the chillisauce with the soyasauce and lime juice and add the garlic to it, beat it well. And keep on tasting to see if its to your liking..
- Slice the cucumber with a cheese slicer in to ribbons. In a big bowl mix the mihoen with the dressing, spinach and cucumber..
- After you've mixed it well it'll be ready to serve. Be creative and serve it your way. If you have any other ideas for this recipe let me know, i might try it out myself. I hope you enjoy this refreshing meal!.
- All in all this meal contains 490 calories!.
This aromatic Vietnamese-inspired lemongrass chicken recipe calls for pounding the breasts to a uniform thinness, which eliminates any dryness. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable plastic bag. Heat oil in a large skillet. Stir in the chiles, torn basil, lime juice, and soy sauce; season with more soy to taste. Add the chicken and turn it once or twice in the sauce, then nestle it in the sauce; season with a little salt and pepper.