Simple Kid Friendly Lasagna.
You can have Simple Kid Friendly Lasagna using 5 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Kid Friendly Lasagna
- Prepare 1 lb of ground meat.
- You need 1 box of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 packages of cheese.
- It’s 1 box of lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
Simple Kid Friendly Lasagna instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- brown ground meat. season as desired, see notes at bottom.
- drain meat and set aside..
- boil water with olive oil (or meat grease) and salt as needed for noodles. boil noodles roughly 10 minutes or until tender..
- drain noodles and lay noodles on wax paper to prevent sticking..
- heat cream cheese is small pot slowly. mix in small amounts of milk at a time to have smooth texture..
- begin laying long ways in a 13" x 9" pan. first spray pan with non-stick spray. start laying: noodles (3 per layer), sauce (use sparingly), meat, cheese (also sparingly)..
- after 2 layers, add cream cheese mixture on top of the last layer of noodles and cover with an addition layer of noodles..
- add 2 more layers and top with extra cheese and meat..
- put in the top of the oven and cook until cheese is melted..
- remove from oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before cutting..
- slice along the edges of noodles then cut into 3 sections, per noodles (9 total servings).
- serve with garlic, cheese, or french bread if desired..
- for added nutritional value for picky eaters, trying blending 1 can of plain tomato sauce with: 1 green bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 yellow onion, 1 squash, 1 can drained peas and carrots, 1/2 cup of baby spinach, and 1 tomato. add sauce to pot and simmer for 30 minutes, mixing occasionally to prevent burning. if that's too much work, buy the spaghetti sauce with the "hidden vegetables"..
- for adults, try seasoning meat with chopped green and red bell peppers, chopped yellow onion, freshly minced garlic, and 1 tbsp of lemon zest. try adding chopped spinach to cream cheese. top with italian blend of cheeses..
- note: ground turkey, beef, and pork yield great results..