Wainwright Family Traditional Italian lasagna.
You can cook Wainwright Family Traditional Italian lasagna using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wainwright Family Traditional Italian lasagna
- You need 3 (106 oz.) of Cans of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 (106 oz.) of Can of tomato paste.
- It’s of 8.
- You need 8 of lbs. Of ground beef.
- Prepare 4-5 lbs of Italian sausage.
- It’s 4-5 of large yellow onions chopped.
- It’s 1-2 cups of chopped garlic or more to taste.
- It’s 48-60 of oz.sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 2 bunches of parsley rough chopped.
- You need 4-8 tablespoons of Oregano to taste-approx.
- It’s 5-10 of carrots.
- It’s 5-10 of celery stalks with tops.
- Prepare 1 gallon of chicken stock.
- You need of Good red wine.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 5 of eggs beaten, plus 3 eggs beaten, divided 1 pound boiled and.
- It’s of drained spinach.
- It’s 2 pounds of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 2 cups of grated parmesan.
- It’s to taste of Fresh ground pepper,.
- You need of Grated mozzarella cheese.
Wainwright Family Traditional Italian lasagna step by step
- To make the sauce, saute onions and garlic until translucent..
- Add beef and sausage and brown you can drain fat if you like..
- Add mushrooms and brown..
- Add tomato sauce and paste plus parsley. Simmer 3 to 4 hours stirring as needed. Add seasoning and red wine as needed..
- Meanwhile in a separate pan simmer chicken stock and carrots and celery..
- Add stock to sauce as needed to maintain consistency..
- When stock is done blend carrots and celery in with some chicken stock in food processor and add to sauce..
- TO MAKE THE NOODLES :in a large bowl, mix flour and salt. Make a well in the middle and add 5 beaten eggs. From the middle start incorporating egg with a fork until mixed..
- Put on a floured surface and knead until smooth approximately 5 minutes. Wrap in plastic wrap for at least 30 minutes at room temperature..
- Using a pasta machine process to thinnest setting. Set aside to dry partially then par broil prior to assembly…
- TO MAKE RICOTTA FILLING :Mix together 3 beaten in eggs, ricotta cheese, parmesan, and spinach..
- In a deep baking dish, put a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan..
- Then put a layer of noodles, followed by layer of cheese and sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat these layers until about 3/4 full – – – 4 to 6 layers. Top with sauce and parmesan cheese..
- Bake at 350degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour until bubbly and cooked through..