Caprese Lasagna Rollups.
You can have Caprese Lasagna Rollups using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caprese Lasagna Rollups
- Prepare of Lasagna.
- You need 8 of lasagna noodles, uncooked.
- You need 14 oz of freshly shredded, low-moisture part skim Mozzarella cheese, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 of large egg white.
- It’s 1/3 cup of freshly, finely shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1 1/4 oz).
- Prepare of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3-4 of medium Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 1/6 inch thick slices).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish.
- Prepare 1 cup of marinara sauce, recipe follows.
- It’s of Simple Marinara Sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil Coupons.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic finely minced.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare to taste of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Caprese Lasagna Rollups instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to directions listed on package to al dente. Drain pasta (DO NOT rinse with water) and align lasagna noodles in a single layer on a large sheet of parchment or wax paper..
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese and egg white until well blended. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Mix in 12 oz. of the Mozzarella cheese and season with black pepper to taste (I wouldn't recommend seasoning with salt just because the cheeses already have plenty of salt)..
- Place 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture over each lasagna noodle and spread into an even layer, going from one end of the lasagna to the other. Align 4 thin tomato slices over cheese mixture then sprinkle fresh basil over top. Snugly roll lasagna noodles to opposite end. Spread about 1/4 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of an 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Align lasagna roll ups, seam side down in dish..
- Top each roll up with about 2 Tbsp of the pasta sauce (covering edges of pasta so they don't dry out while baking). Sprinkle top with remaining 2 oz. shredded Mozzarella. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Remove from oven, plate pasta and garnish with plenty of basil ribbons. Serve warm..
- Simple Marinara Suace: Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add onions to hot oil and saute about 3 minutes until soft, adding garlic during last minute of sauteing. Pour in crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture just to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and allow sauce to cook for about 25 – 30 minutes (which will allow some of the water in crushed tomatoes to evaporate) while you prepare pasta and lasagna filling.