eggplant lasagna. The preparation of the eggplant makes all the difference. I've tried other eggplant lasagna recipes, and they were disappointing. The eggplant was either overdry and tough or gooey.
Classic Eggplant Lasagna that's full of cheesy goodness, without the pasta! Great for a gluten-free lasagna option or just for sneaking in a healthy vegetable. People absolutely love the lasagna we make around here and there's only room for more. You can have eggplant lasagna using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of eggplant lasagna
- It’s 1 each of 1/2 c flour, 2eggs, 1 c breadcrumbs in 3 pans.
- Prepare 2 of eggplants, sliced in 1/2" rounds.
- It’s 1 of container ricotta and cottage cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzerella.
- You need 1/2 cup of other cheeses.
- It’s 2 cup of ragu.
Prepare a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and begin layering lasagna as follows: sauce, cheese mixture, eggplant, cheese mixture, sauce and then top with Mozzarella cheese. Lay slices on a cooling rack and season with salt. The key to making Eggplant Lasagna as tasty (and satisfying as!) a lasagna you'd order in an Italian restaurant is to properly prepare the eggplant itself. Since the eggplant slices stand in for the lasagna noodles (a serious job in the business of lasagna), it's important that the eggplant both tastes great and has a fantastic texture.
eggplant lasagna step by step
- heat oven to 450.
- brush oil on rounds, then dip eggplants rounds into flour, then eggs , breadcrumbs.
- place eggplant rounds on oiled baking sheets and bake 15-20 mins..
- reduce oven to 400. combine all cheeses.
- layer ragu, eggplant, cheeses repeat twice more.
- top with ragu and mozzerella.
- cover with oiled foil and bake 25 min. uncover, and bake 20-25 min more or until top is golden.
- let sit 25 min.
Eggplant has a mild flavor with a spongy texture, so it is a perfect alternative to the traditional noodles found in traditional lasagna. This eggplant lasagna recipe packs all the flavor and presentation without the carbs! Place half the eggplant slices in a layer on top of tomato sauce. Spread half the ricotta cheese mixture on top of eggplant layer. Add another layer of tomato sauce, then layer on the remaining eggplant slices and remaining ricotta mixture.