2+ ingredient banana pancakes. These two-ingredient banana pancakes have been floating around the internet for several years now, first on fitness sites (protein! low fat!) and then on parenting sites (toddler-friendly!). Sightings finally reached critical mass, and I had to try them for myself. This world's simplest pancakes recipe contains just two ingredients (egg and banana) and is super quick – just minutes from bowl to plate!
Add egg and whisk mixture until batter is smooth. We've made them a few dozen times in the past year and every time we do, my husband says that he can't believe it's just eggs and bananas! It's hard to believe, isn't it? You can cook 2+ ingredient banana pancakes using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 2+ ingredient banana pancakes
- You need of – banana.
- It’s of – eggs.
- Prepare of Optional ingredients: berries, chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
- It’s of Optional toppings: maple syrup, honey, sugar, brown sugar, etc.
A fresh banana and a couple of delicious eggs are all you need to make this banana pancake recipe that's sure to be the end-all of healthy breakfast flat cake recipes. Add pure maple syrup to turn this home run recipe into a grand. If you don't know I'm a pancake lover by now, you may never know. My love for these glorious stacks of fluffy goodness runs deep.
2+ ingredient banana pancakes step by step
- Mash a banana into a bowl and mix both eggs to create a batter. Leave some small banana chunks. A fork works just fine..
- Place a nonstick pan over medium heat and coat with either butter or oil..
- Pour 2-3tbsp of batter at a time to create pancakes about 3” in diameter. These pancakes are very thin and won’t be able to flip if they’re too large! (See my mistake photo). Add blueberries/mixins before flipping.
- Once the bottom of the pancake is brown, and the top is making small bubbles around the edges, carefully flip the pancake. My best success was flipping without lifting the spatula- slide the spatula under the pancake, and plop it onto the other side..
- Cook until golden brown. Add toppings and enjoy!.
My dad used to make us HUGE pancakes before school that required two spatulas to flip. Don't let the simple ingredient list fool you – these wholesome pancakes are full of flavor. First, while the griddle preheats over medium, you'll whisk the A few banana chunks are OK here, especially if you want some chunks in your pancakes. An amazing recipe for pancakes using only two common ingredients. Somehow when you mix bananas and eggs together and say some magic words, an unseen universe wizard comes and sprinkles pancake dust on it and it magically turns into this Reviews for: Photos of Two-Ingredient Banana Pancakes.