You can cook Simple Squashbread using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Squashbread
- Prepare 1 lb of Self-rising flour.
- Prepare 15 oz of can Squash.
- You need of Sprinkle of Pumpkin Spice optional.
Simple Squashbread step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, mix then knead into a bread dough. Dough should not be sticky. Add more flour if sticky..
- Form ball, cover bowl, rest it about 30 mins..
- Score like scones 12 equal pieces..
- Roll each piece into ball placing in Teflon muffin pan..
- Bake 350° for 20 mins (clean toothpick test). I brushed butter on top last five minutes and is not necessary..
- Let cool and loosened with plastic knife..
- Slice and serve with butter. I used Butternut Squash in the recipe which has some sweetness..
- I store extras in a plastic bag in the refrigerator..