Simple Cornbread. Well, needles to say, you'd sure be hard pressed to come up with a better cornbread recipe. The event features a homemade cornbread cookoff, a cornbread pancake breakfast and even a Miss National Cornbread Contest pageant. Even if you can't attend the festival, you can make your own at-home celebration of all things cornbread-ian with this easy cornbread recipe that tastes great served fresh from the oven, topped with a pat of. "After some trial and error, this is by far my favorite cornbread recipe.
Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread "Love this recipe, one of the best I have found." – April. See this recipe in my Easy Thanksgiving Dinner for Beginners meal plan. Cornbread is a great side dish to go with any thick and hearty soup, stew, or chili. You can have Simple Cornbread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Cornbread
- It’s 1 cup of plain flour.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- You need 1 packages of baking powder (16g).
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need 200 grams of cottage cheese, crumbled (not cream cheese!).
- Prepare 20 ml of yogurt or sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
The cornbread can be dipped or crumbled into the saucy stews, where it absorbs all the flavor. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Beat eggs, milk and oil together. Add all dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
Simple Cornbread step by step
- Combine dry ingredients: put flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients in a separate bowl (cheese, yogurt, milk, oil and eggs).
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients in the dry, making sure they're well combined.
- Pour the batter in a greased pan (I baked my cornbread in a 35cm loaf pan, traditionally it is baked in a tray). Bake at 200°C for 20-30min.
- Brush with some more olive oil or butter if desired and enjoy :).
This easy Homemade Cornbread Recipe is the perfect bread to serve alongside Ham and Bean Soup, a classic chicken noodle soup or even chicken stew!. Light, tender and moist, this cornbread recipe has just a hint of sweetness making it perfect for dipping, dunking or slathering with butter. In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. If you are new to making southern cornbread, take note of the following: Sugar is Optional. Whether to include sugar or not in a southern cornbread recipe is an issue for debate.