You can cook Homemade Pancakes using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Pancakes
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of finely ground nutmeg.
- You need of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need of milk, at room temperature.
- You need of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of unsalted butter, plus more as needed.
Homemade Pancakes step by step
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg..
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and then whisk in the milk and vanilla..
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat..
- Whisk the butter into the milk mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture, and whisk until a thick batter is just formed..
- Keeping the skillet at medium heat, ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet, to make a pancake. Make 1 or 2 more pancakes, taking care to keep them evenly spaced apart. Cook, until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook about 1 minute more on the second side..
- Serve immediately or transfer to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the skillet as needed..
- Checkout my Youtube Channel: Ray Mack's Kitchen & Grill.