Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.
You can cook Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- You need 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of + 2 TBSP. honey.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cup of quick oats( instant cooking).
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of rice krispies.
- It’s 1/2 cup of almonds ( I used walnuts) – chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of wheat germ.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars instructions
- Line a 13×9 pan with alumium foil. Leave a little over hang. Spray lightly..
- In a large pot. Combine butter, brown sugar & honey..
- Bring mixture to a boil.over medium high heat. Stirring constantly. Lower heat . Simmer until mixture is dissolved & slightly thickened. About 2 min. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and salt..
- Add oats – rice cereal. – nuts- wheat germ to pan. Fold until combined..
- Transfer mixture to your prepared pan . Press down lightly with a spatula to even out. Sprinkle choc. Chips over top. Press down so chips stick in place..
- Place in fridge 90 min up to 2 hrs.To chill.Use foil overhang to transfer to cutting board. Cut into retangles..