Easy banana pecan muffins. This easy banana muffin recipe starts with overripe bananas which are mixed with butter (instead of oil), egg and sugar. Using butter in place of oil produces the perfect crumb and loads of flavor. These muffins are topped with the most delicious sweet pecan crunch streusel topping.
How do I quickly ripen bananas? When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe These muffins are great. Such an easy Receipe to follow. You can cook Easy banana pecan muffins using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy banana pecan muffins
- It’s 3 of bananas.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of self rising flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter (i used margarine).
- Prepare 2 of dash cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of dash nutmeg (optional).
- Prepare 1 of pinch of salt.
- You need 1 of muffin pan.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
Moist and fluffy maple pecan banana muffins! Canola oil — not butter — is my go-to for banana muffins for a number of reasons. Butter is composed of fat, milk solids, and water. So it can weigh down muffins and strengthen gluten.
Easy banana pecan muffins instructions
- Mash up bananas in a medium sized bowl.
- Add butter , egg , sugar, salt , cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder blend until smooth.
- Mix in pecans..
- Spay your pan with non stick spray. Scoop 2 big tablespoons of mix in each of the muffin pan holes. There will be a little bit left just distribute it evenly..
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Might want to check at 15 minutes depending on your oven. Center should be clean and tops should be slightly brown..
- Make some coffee and enjoy!.
- Makes 12 large muffins. I stored mine in ziplock sandwich bags..
Banana chocolate chip muffins are easy and a great way to use ripe bananas! I decided to add dried cranberries and some pecans as well. They rise to a decent size and are quite tasty. These Banana Muffins with a Crunchy Pecan Topping are the best. Fast and easy and made in one bowl.