Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes).
You can cook Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes)
- You need of Pancake batter:.
- It’s 1 of medium zucchini about 8 ounces.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 of medium onion thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 of green hot chili peppers thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buchim garu (Korean savory pancake mix).
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s of vegetable or canola oil for frying.
- It’s of Dipping Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of water.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s pinch of black pepper.
- Prepare pinch of gochugaru (Korean red chili pepper flakes).
Hobak Buchim (Zucchini Pancakes) instructions
- Cut the zucchini into matchsticks. Place them in a bowl, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes until wilted and released some liquid. Squeeze the liquid out from the zucchini as much as possible, reserving the liquid in the bowl. Set the zucchini aside..
- Mix the pancake mix and egg to the bowl then add with the zucchini squeezed mix. Mix everything well with a spoon, and then combine with the zucchini, onion and chili peppers. The zucchini mix may look stiff when mixing, but it will become more liquidly after a few minutes. If it’s still too stiff, mix in some water (2 to 3 tablespoons to start with)..
- Heat a skillet with two tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Add about 2 heaping tablespoons of the batter and spread it evenly into a thin round shape. Depending on the size of your pan, you can cook 3 to 4 pancakes at once. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until the bottom is light golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Serve hot with a dipping sauce..