Halloween Kabocha Squash Gratin.
You can cook Halloween Kabocha Squash Gratin using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Halloween Kabocha Squash Gratin
- It’s 1 of Kabocha squash.
- It’s 1 of A Halloween Forest (refer to Step 3).
- It’s of Kabocha Gratin.
- Prepare 25 small of Shrimp.
- It’s 1 of Chicken meat.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 can of White mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of Consomme soup stock cube.
- Prepare 40 of to 50 grams Butter.
- It’s 40 of to 50 grams White flour.
- Prepare 500 of to 600 ml Milk.
- It’s 100 grams of Macaroni (optional).
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
Halloween Kabocha Squash Gratin step by step
- Heat the kabocha in the microwave until it's tender enough to carve with a knife (I microwaved it for 10 minutes, flipped it over and microwaved for another 10 minutes. Depending on the size, 6 minutes each side may be enough)..
- Cut the top part off and scoop out the inside with a spoon..
- [To make the Halloween forest] Place the lid upside down and put into the hollowed kabocha. Make a mountain out of mashed potatoes, and stick in stalks of parsley and rosemary..
- Sculpt a pumpkin out of the scooped-out kabocha flesh. Cut out a carrot hat and lay it on top of a boiled egg jack-o'-lantern. Make a house out of daikon radish and nori seaweed. Construct a gravestone out of konnyaku and cheese. Spread a pavement of nuts and seeds..
- [To make the kabocha gratin] Microwave the scooped-out flesh from Step 2..
- Melt butter in a pot, sauté the shrimp and chicken cut into desired sizes, add the thinly sliced onions, then the mushrooms..
- Once the onions are tender, remove the pot from heat, add flour, then mix thoroughly with a spatula..
- Mix in milk a little at a time, stirring in as you go, then add a consomme cube..
- Return the pot to heat and simmer until you reach your desired thickness while stirring with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Add the kabocha from Step 5 and the gratin is finished. You can also add cooked macaroni at this stage..
- Pour the gratin into the kabocha shell from Step 2, after it has cooled down. (If it's too full, the lid will not close, so add more when you bake it in the oven.).