Easy and simple homemade pasta salad.
You can have Easy and simple homemade pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy and simple homemade pasta salad
- You need of mayonnaise (I used Kraft mayonnaise with olive oil).
- It’s of to 1/2 cup Ranch dressing depending on your taste (I used Wishbone).
- You need of to 1 1/2 cups bow tie pasta.
- You need of finely shredded carrot.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Prepare of Fresh lime juice.
- It’s of chicken breasts (I had small but if you use a large one 1 should be fine).
- Prepare of Bacon pieces.
- Prepare of corn.
Easy and simple homemade pasta salad step by step
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add salt to water to taste. Once boiling add chicken breasts. Boil until cooked through..
- When cooked thoroughly remove from water and let sit for 5-10 to cool. To the same water add the pasta, asking more water if needed. You do not need to add more salt because the water is already salted..
- While pasta is cooking cut or shred chicken to desired size. Squeeze the fresh lime juice onto the chicken, making sure to combine it well, while it's still warm so that it may soak up the flavor..
- After cutting the chicken, grate the carrot in a bowl and add the mayonnaise and ranch dressing letting it sit for a couple of minutes..
- When pasta is just tender remove from the water, do not drain it. After removing from water, run it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Let it sit in the strainer and shake to run off excess water..
- If you are using frozen corn, as I did, add it tonthe water that you cooked the chicken and pasta in. Cook until heated through usually about 3 min. If you are using can corn you can skip this step..
- While the corn is heating up, add the drained pasta to the mayonnaise mixture along with the chicken and lemon pepper. When the corn is done, either run it under cold water as to cool it down, or add to the pasta mixture as is..
- Mix all of the ingredients until combined well. Then lastly add in the bacon pieces and mix well. You can eat as in or place in the fridge to serve cold..