EASY YUMMY POTATO GRATIN. Potatoes au Gratin made with a homemade creamy cheese sauce drizzled over thinly sliced potatoes and a layer of onions nestled in the middle. Jen Nikolaus is a recipe blogger and photographer over at Yummy Healthy Easy. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make.
A perfect gratin is thick, rich, and creamy with soft but intact potatoes and decadent cheesy flavor. This recipe is loosely based on Orlando Murrin's recipe in "A Table in the Tarn: Living, Eating, and Cooking in Rural. Put a twist on traditional potatoes au gratin by using nutrient-dense sweet potatoes instead! You can cook EASY YUMMY POTATO GRATIN using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of EASY YUMMY POTATO GRATIN
- Prepare of cheese sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese.
- You need of gratin.
- Prepare 1 head of onion, chopped.
- You need 3 medium of potatoes, thinly sliced.
- It’s 3 slice of cheese slice.
The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas. This potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals! The potato gratin should now be very tender in the middle but cheesy and brown on the surface. And easy to put together … really liked the combination of milk and cream and putting.
EASY YUMMY POTATO GRATIN instructions
- Preheat oven to 200degrees celsius..
- Slice onions and potatoes..
- Grease gratin tin thoroughly with butter..
- Layer in potatoes & onions in following order: potato, onions, potato..
- Add butter into a saucepan and melt it..
- Then put in the flour and stir..
- Pour in milk and whisk to thicken the mixture..
- Once the milk has thickened in about 3 minutes, put in the grated cheese and stir vigorously for a minute to thicken and complete the cheese sauce..
- Pour cheese sauce onto prepared gratin tin. And top off with sliced cheese..
- Bake for 45 minutes in the oven at 200°F celsius..
Tender potatoes and onions smothered in a homemade cheese sauce are baked to perfection. They are better than scalloped potatoes! It adds both extra texture and flavor with the crispy edges on the potatoes (and who doesn't love the crispy yummy cheesy bits)!! Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe! French classic with layers of thinly sliced potato, cream Potatoes au Gratin for the win!!!