Shepherds Pie (easy and delicious).
You can cook Shepherds Pie (easy and delicious) using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie (easy and delicious)
- Prepare 2 lb of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sour cream our softened cream cheese.
- It’s 1 large of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream, for a lighter version chicken broth.
- You need 1 of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil for the pan.
- It’s 1 3/4 lb of ground beef or ground lamb.
- You need 1 of carrot, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of beef stock or broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1 tsp of sweet paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of copied fresh parsley leaves.
Shepherds Pie (easy and delicious) step by step
- boil potatoes in salted water until tender (about 12 minutes). drain potatoes and put them into a bowl.
- combine sour cream, egg yolk and cream. Add cream mixture to potatoes and mash until almost smooth.
- while potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- heat up oil and brown meat for 3 or 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- if you are using lamb spoon away some of the drippings.
- add chopped carrots and onion to the meat. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- in a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. whisk in broth and let thicken 1 minute.
- add gravy to meat and vegetables, stir in peas..
- preheat broiler to high.
- fill a small rectangular casserole with meat and vegetable mixture.
- spoon potatoes over meat evenly and top potatoes with paprika.
- broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until potatoes are evenly browned.
- top casserole dish with chopped parsley and serve.