Easy Cottage Pie.
You can cook Easy Cottage Pie using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Cottage Pie
- Prepare 1 of Onion-chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetables-chopped carrots, corn, peas.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- You need 1 tsp of Worchesteshire sauce.
- You need 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of oil (for frying).
- Prepare 665 grams of ground round beef.
- You need 912 grams of potatoes (3 big ones).
Easy Cottage Pie instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400'F/200'C/gas mark 7..
- Peel and quarter the potatoes, boil in water until tender for about 15-20 minutes..
- While the potatoes are cooking, pour the oil into a large frying pan or wok..
- Sauté onions in the oil until tender over a medium heat for 10 minutes. (If you are adding vegetables, put the carrots in with the onions, add the corn and/or peas either after cooking the onions or after the meat has been added and initially cooked)..
- Add the ground beef and sauté until brown. Add seasoning and Worchesteshire sauce. Add beef stock and cook, umcovered, over a low heat for 10 minutes, adding more stock a necesary to keep moist..
- Mash potatoes with butter, season to taste..
- Place beef and vegetables into a baking dish. Distibute mashed potatoes on top. Rough with a fork so there are peaks that will brown nicely. You can use the fork to make some designs in the potatoes as well..
- Bake in the oven until bubbling and brown (for about 30 minutes)..