You can have shepherds pie. using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of shepherds pie.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chopped carrots, peas, and corn.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of potatoes. (3 big ones).
- Prepare 8 tbsp of butter (1 stick).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, and other seasonings of choice..
shepherds pie. instructions
- 1. peel and quarter potatoes, boil in salted water until tender (about 20 minutes.).
- 2. while the potatoes are cookin melt half a stick of butter in large frying pan..
- 3. saute onions in butter until tender over medium heat (10 minutes). add vegetables..
- 4. add ground beef and saute until no longer pink. add salt and pepper. add worcesterchire sauce. add half a cup of beef broth and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, adding more beef broth as necessary to keep moist..
- 5. mash potatoes in bowl with remainder of butter, season to taste..
- 6. place sauted beef and vegetables in baking dish. place mashed potatoes on top. rough up with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely..
- 7. cook in 400° oven until bubbling and brown (about 30 minutes.).