Choppers Twisted Caesar Salad.
You can have Choppers Twisted Caesar Salad using 19 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Choppers Twisted Caesar Salad
- You need of Cos Lettuce.
- Prepare of large Rashers of Bacon.
- You need of Ciabatta Bread.
- Prepare of large (or 2 small) Chicken Breast(s).
- It’s of Fine Polenta (fine cornmeal).
- You need of Dried Oregano.
- It’s of Grated Parmesan.
- It’s of Eggs.
- Prepare of large Bunch of Basil.
- You need of Greek Yoghurt.
- It’s of heaped, of Horseradish Cream.
- You need of Anchovies.
- Prepare of White Wine Vinegar.
- It’s of Cherry or Pomegranate Juice.
- You need of Dijon Mustard.
- You need of Grated Parmesan.
- It’s of Brown Sauce.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper for Seasoning.
- You need of Grated Parmesan to sprinkle over at the end.
Choppers Twisted Caesar Salad instructions
- Firstly, cook the Bacon Rashers the way you usually cook bacon but make sure they are nice and crispy. Put aside..
- Bash the Chicken Breast(s) until they about 3/4inch thick all over. (You are not after schnitzel so don't bash it to thin).
- Next, Preheat oven to 190°C (365°F).
- Take the Polenta, the 1/4 cup of Parmesan and Dried Oregano and combine them well in a shallow dish.
- Press Chicken Breast(s) into the Polenta mixture and roll and press all over the chicken..
- Place Chicken in frypan with a small amount (30ml) of oil over medium heat and cook Chicken through. About 6 minutes per side is about right but please check if in doubt). The crumb coating should char a little. That's ok, this is part of the flavour in the dish..
- When cooked, remove. Chicken and keep warm, uncovered..
- Next, place Basil, Greek Yoghurt, Horseradish Cream, Anchovies, Vinegar, Cherry Juice, Mustard, Parmesan and Brown Sauce into a blender (or use a hand blender) and whizz to combine well. Put aside..
- Dice up the slices of Ciabatta Bread into chunky bite size pieces. Shallow fry in a bit more oil in a frypan until golden. Put aside, keeping warm..
- Clean pan or use another frypan and half fill with water and bring it too just boiling stage. Take off of the heat and crack in the two eggs to poach. leave while you are assembling the salad..
- To assemble, pull bits of the Cos lettuce and arrange around the bottom of the plates. Next place around the plate the bacon which you have roughly chopped into bite sized bits. Take the Chicken Breast(s) and cut it into chunky portions and scatter evenly over the plates. Then add the Ciabatta croutons..
- Return to the Eggs and taking a spoon or alike, splash some of the hot water over the top of the egg to make the top go opaque..
- Back to the salad, give the sauce another stir and then spoon it over the salad until the amount you want is on there..
- Sprinkle over remaining Parmesan..
- Taking a slotted spoon, remove the Eggs and place one each in the middle of each salad. They will be cooked but still have a runny yolk by this time. this adds to the dish as part of a sauce so it shouldn't be cooked well done. Season eggs with salt and pepper..
- Done! Enjoy!.