SL Tomato-basil lasagna rolls. Canned artichokes give the rich filling of Tomato-Basil Lasagna Rolls its meaty heft. Feel free to sub sautéed 'shrooms or spinach. These EASY Spinach Lasagna Roll ups are totally delicious, perfect for entertaining or serving for weeknight meals.
So the kids want to "help" with dinner, but you'd rather not endure PB&J (again) or "mystery soup." Tomato Basil Lasagna Rolls. This recipe for Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups with Spinach and Basil will hopefully change that! Think of this like a lasagna or cannelloni but without the pasta, a low-carb alternative that highlights summer produce. You can cook SL Tomato-basil lasagna rolls using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of SL Tomato-basil lasagna rolls
- You need 10 of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- It’s 1 cup of sweet onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced and divided.
- It’s 24 oz of jar tomato and basil pasta sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 cup of low-fat ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 2 oz of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 14 oz of can baby artichoke hearts, drained & quartered.
- You need 1 large of egg white, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/4 cup of torn fresh basil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Fragrant summer basil permeates the dish and gives it such delicious flavor. Tomato Basil Risotto filling for the Lasagna Rolls: Marinate your tomatoes by cutting them into chunks and putting them in a bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper, a hefty drizzle of olive oil and a splash of red wine vinegar. In a large pot, bring your stock to a simmer, then turn down to low to keep. Lasagna rolls with zucchini, tomatoes and cheese.
SL Tomato-basil lasagna rolls instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta (do not rinse); arrange in a single layer on a piece of lightly greased aluminum foil or wax paper..
- Saute onion in hot oil in a 3-qt sauce pan over medium heat 7 to 8 min or until caramelized. Add 2/3 of minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 1 min. Stir in tomato sauce and next 2 ingred. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring often, 5 min. Remove from heat..
- Stir together ricotta and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in artichoke hearts, next 3 ingred and remaining minced garlic. Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture on 1 noodle. Roll up firmly and place, seam side down into a lightly greased 11×7 in baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles and cheese. Spoon tomato sauce over lasagna rolls..
- Bake, covered, at 350 for 45-50 min or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Let stand 5 min; sprinkle with desired toppings..
Four strips of lasagna, one poor zucchini, a little cheese and an onion – could I make dinner for both of us with these? That was the problem I was faced with. Make this quick Lasagna Roll ups with your favorite Ingredients. I keep changing vegetables such as Spinach Mushrooms Alfredo, Grilled Eggplant, Mixed vegetables, or it could be your favorite. I simply showed Tomato Basil but possibilities are endless!