Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad.
You can cook Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- You need of boneless chicken meat, 1/2" dice (up to 8 ounces extra would work without changing the marinade and cornstarch mixture.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- You need of buttermilk.
- Prepare of crystal hot sauce.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- It’s of Corn starch mixture.
- You need of corn starch.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of white pepper or black is fine.
- It’s of cayenne.
- You need of oil- vegetable oil is fine.
- Prepare of crystal hot sauce (See note below.. Hot Sauce Matters).
- Prepare of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of blue cheese, crumbled.
- Prepare of ounces- dry bow tie pasta- cooked per the box instructions.
- You need of small red bell pepper or red onion, diced.
- You need of green onion chopped.
- You need of celery 1 inch julienne cut.
- It’s of parsley,finely chopped.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad instructions
- Mix the buttermilk, hot sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice together until the brown sugar is dissolve then add the diced chicken with the mixture in a zip-lock bag. Marinate chicken for several hours or overnight..
- (In class we marinate for 45 minutes the longer the better).
- Remove chicken from marinade – drain well.
- Mix the cornstarch,salt,white pepper and cayenne. Dredge chicken with seasoned cornstarch mixture and shake off the excess coating..
- In a deep skillet, heat about two cups of oil(depending on the pan size) over medium-high heat until hot. Test the temperature by dropping a pinch of flour into the hot oil. If it bubbles right away without smoking, it's ready..
- Fry at 350 F. until golden brown and cooked through. (I check the biggest piece) let cool before adding to the salad..
- Mix all pasta with the chicken, blue cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, red bell pepper or red onion, celery,green onion and parsley..
- You can garnish with extra blue cheese crumbles, and chopped parsley..
- Note #1.. Hot sauces very greatly Crystal Hot Sauce and Franks Hot Sauce work well… they are a sweet heat. Tabasco will ruin this recipe. It is just to hot…Great on Oysters not on this Recipe:).
- Note #2 If you do not want to fry, you can buy popcorn chicken at a grocery store or, KFC, or Popeyes and skip steps 1,2,3,4,5 :p.