Easy Açaí Bowl. An acai bowl is a blended mixture of acai berries and other fruits, served in a bowl and topped with a variety of fresh fruit, nuts and seeds. Acai berries a small fruit native to Central and South America and are considered a superfood because of their high antioxidant levels. Açaí bowls are simply smoothies made with Açaí and served in a bowl with toppings.
To make just prepare the smoothie base and top with your favorite ingredients. Acai is the mashed fruit of the acai palm that comes from Brazil. Acai bowls have been trending for some time now – it seems like a new acai bowl spot is opening up every other week in LA. You can have Easy Açaí Bowl using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Açaí Bowl
- Prepare 1 cup of Frozen mixed fruit (less if adding açaí packet).
- You need of Açaí packet (optional).
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 of frozen banana (can do whole banana for more fluff and sweetness).
- It’s 1 tbs of almond or PB or PB Powder (optional).
- You need 1 scoop of protein powder (optional).
- It’s of Toppings – add any of your faves.
- It’s of Almond butter.
- You need of Banana, fruit.
- You need of Chia, flax or my fave Zen Basil Seeds.
- Prepare of Hemp seeds – taste really good and add protein and fiber.
- You need of Granola – I use Progranola or Fiber One Cereal for extra fiber.
If you've never had an acai bowl before – you're missing out. My good friend and photographer, Lauren, got me totally hooked on making homemade acai bowls. Using frozen fruit in the acai purée helps to achieve a thick consistency, but avoid adding ice, as it can water down the flavors. Ready in just a few minutes, this Acai Bowl Recipe is filled with acai berry puree, fruit, and all your favorite toppings.
Easy Açaí Bowl instructions
- Add all ingredients in blender. I use my Ninja blender – may need to pause blender and mix it up a few times. Pour in bowl and add toppings..
Learn how easy it is to make your very own Acai Bowl right from home and enjoy this powerhouse of fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats anytime you want for a fraction of the cost! For more healthy breakfast options, check out these recipes: blueberry smoothie bowl, chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl, rainbow smoothie bowl, vegan protein shake and mango chia pudding. If you make this recipe, please leave a comment below, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We'd love to see what you cook! Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Acai Bowl.